Tuesday, March 6, 2012

China Glaze Colors From The Capitol Swatches

Hey guys!

Today I have some swatches and comparisons for a few of the Colors From The Capitol Collection for China Glaze.  I chose to do these 3 first since they aren't overly fun.  I want to save the fun ones for later on! 

For each swatch, I added a coat of Luxe and Lush  Luxe and Lush is a clear base with chuncky mylar flakes.  All of the pictures are photographed with a flash, and with 2 coats of polish.

First up is Dress Me Up.  Dress Me Up is a warm rose creme. 


Dress Me Up

Dress Me Up with Luxe and Lush

Next up is Fast Track which is a light gold creme base with gold shimmer.

Fast Track



Fast Track with Luxe and Lush


Finally, we have Foie Gras which is a dusty purple/greigh creme.

Foie Gras
Foie Gras with Luxe and Lush

Foie Gras with Luxe and Lush
no flash with artificial light
Here is a comparison between Fast Track and China Glaze Knotty.  In the bottle they look different enough.  But once on my nails I could barely figure out which was which!  The formulas were nearly identical.  They're both on the sheer side, but build up well.  Fast Track is a little "dirtier" than Knotty while Knotty has more of a yellow tone and has a "milky" look to it.

(From L-R)
One coat Fast Track, one coat Knotty,
2 coats Fast Track, 2 coat Knotty

Bottle shots of China Glaze Fast Track and Knotty
For some reason I was convinced that I had a bunch of dupes for Foie Gras.  But when I went to look for them, I couldn't find any!  I did however find some colors that were somewhat similar.  Below is Foie Gras compared to China Glaze Below Deck and Street Chic.


Below Deck, Foie Gras, Street Chic, Foie Gras



Bottle shots of Below Deck, Foie Gras and Street Chic

They are definitely completely different colors.  The only thing they have in common is the creme finish and the wonderful application.  These colors aren't anything amazing or unique, but they're definitely key colors to have in your collection.  They're trendy yet work appropriate.  Tomorrow I will have some of my favorites from this collection.

Thanks for stopping by!

K

---I really enjoy writing this blog.  I love having a way to share my love for nail polish with other polish lovers.  If you enjoy reading Knailed It! as much as I enjoy posting, please show your support by following this blog.  I would really appreciate any comments, questions or suggestions that you may have! 










Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment