Thursday, March 8, 2012

China Glaze Colors From The Capitol Swatches (Part 3)

Hey guys!


Today I have the final 2 colors from the Colors From The Capitol Collection for China Glaze.


First up is Smoke & Ashes:


Smoke & Ashes


Smoke & Ashes with Luxe and Lush
Smoke & Ashes is a dark blue/black base with multi-colored microshimmer.  I see a lot of blue and teal in the shimmer.  I love this color!  I love wearing really dark polish, but sometimes black seems a little too edgy.  This one is just perfect.  Application was great too and only one coat!


Next up is Stone Cold:


Stone Cold (matte)
 
Stone Cold (matte) with top coat




Stone Cold (matte) with Luxe and Lush


Stone Cold is a dark graphite gray matte polish with silver shimmer.  I love the look of the matte finish, but unfortunately matte polish doesn't hold up well.  After a couple of hours at work I had tons of chips and ended up picking it off.  But, put a top coat on it and it lasts much longer.  Application was decent....it was a little thick but I only needed one coat.


Do you have any tricks or tips for using matte polish?  I would love to hear from you!


Thanks for stopping by!


K







Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment