Sunday, January 29, 2012

China Glaze Dorothy Who? (2009)

Hey guys!

I thought I'd sneak in a quick post before I go to bed.  Today I have China Glaze Dorothy Who?  from the Wizard of Ooh Ahz collection.  Dorothy Who? is a blue jelly polish with micro glitter.  This was one of those polishes that I said I didn't NEED, but when I'd leave the store I'd kick myself for not getting it.  So I finally broke down and added it to my Victoria Nail Supply order.  Boy am I happy I did......because I love it!   

China Glaze Dorothy Who?
w/flash

no flash with artificial light

Application was wonderful, not too thin, not too thick....just perfect!  I was able to get full coverage with one coat, but it was little lighter than I wanted.  I applied a second coat and got a darker, richer look.  I can't believe it took me so long to get this.  I had so many compliments on it, and I kept catching myself staring at my nails.

Oh!  And I learned something new today too!  While Googling Dorothy Who? for some swatches, I found out that this collection is somewhat of a re release.  Apparently China Glaze had a Wizard of Oz collection in 2001, which was a limited edition.  It sounds like it was a huge hit.....so nail polish lovers petitioned to have the collection re released.  Polish lovers talked, and China Glaze listened, and in 2009 they released The Wizard of Ooh Ahz Returns collection.  Apparently the colors are pretty similar to the original.  And best of all, Dorothy Who? is now a permanent color.

Thanks for stopping by!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment