Tuesday, January 24, 2012

China Glaze Lorelei's Tiara and Some Like it Haute

Hey guys! 

It's time for the final two polishes from the China Glaze Eye Candy collection. 

First is Lorelei's Tiara, a clear base with sterling silver micro glitter and medium blue hex glitter. 

China Glaze Lorelei’s Tiara
no flash with artificial light

w/flash
This one was a little sheer, but 3 thin coats was enough for full coverage.  I really liked this formula because even with 3 coats it isn't too "heavy" on the nail.

The last polish is my favorite from this collection.  Some Like it Haute is like a glitter bomb!  The base is a charcoal gray glitter with silver and holographic glitter.  I'm pretty sure I could wear this color every day and not get sick of it. 

China Glaze Some Like it Haute
no flash with artificial light

w/flash

Blurred to show holographic glitter

Application was kind of tricky but so worth it.  I used two thin coats for full coverage.  After I applied the first coat I waited until it was dry, which isn't long since glitter dries faster.   Then I applied a second coat, and then touched up some bald spots.  I find with thicker glitter, it's best to let the polish dry completely between coats.  If it's too wet and you try to layer it, you end up moving the polish around and getting big clumps of glitter.  You'll definitely want a good top coat for this one since it dries with a gritty finish. 

I believe this collection was released in the beginning of December 2011, so it may be hard to find.  My local Sally's had a few left, otherwise online retailers would be your best bet.

Thanks for stopping by!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment