Friday, January 27, 2012

Glitterific Leopard Print Mani

Hey guys!

I have a really fun mani to share with you today.  For this mani I used OPI Spark de Triomphe which a clear base with silver and gold glitter, and OPI Show It and Glow It! which is a fuchsia pink glitter with bits of multicolored glitter.

I started off with 2 coats of OPI Spark de Triomphe.  Then using plate m57, I applied the leopard print design with Konad Special Polish in Black Pearl.  For some extra sparkle, I used OPI Show It and Glow It! to fill in the leopard spots. 

Leopard print mani
w/flash

no flash with artificial light
As far as application goes, Spark de Triomphe went on perfectly.  It's pretty thin and sheer, but it builds up nicely.  Show It and Glow It! is another story.  I've had this polish for about a year, and I have always had problems with it.  It gets really thick and goopy, even with tons of polish thinner.  The brush is also really big and full at the end, making it hard to work with.  Hopefully I just got a bad bottle.  But even though it's a pain, it's still one of my favorite OPI polishes.  Overall I think this mani turned out pretty good.  It ended up taking me longer than I planed, so I kind of rushed it and didn't do the cleanest job.  It's always fun to play around with image plates, but it can be a little time consuming!

Thanks for stopping by!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment