Monday, January 23, 2012

China Glaze Love Marilyn and Marry A Millionaire

Hello all!


Happy Monday!  So my plan was to post a different polish from the Eye Candy collection everyday, to kind of spread my stash out.  I would love to review an entire collection in one post, but I don't think my wallet would like that!  However, I realized that I underestimated the size of my stash, and forgot about an order that's coming today!  So today I have 2 more polishes from the China Glaze Eye Candy collection and tomorrow I'll show the last 2.


First is Love Marilyn, which is a clear base with small red glitter and larger silver glitter. 
China Glaze Love Marilyn
3 coats of Love Marilyn *
no flash with artificial light
w/flash
Love Marilyn is very sheer, I used 3 coats for almost full coverage. You can see a few bald spots in the pictures.  The formula is pretty easy to work with, but it's quite thin.  I have to say, I'm not a big fan of this one. I'll have to try it as a top coat......maybe it's just too much red glitter for me.


Next is Marry a Millionaire. This one is definitely unique, at least in my collection.  MaM is a clear base with purple multi-colored glitter as well as purple bar glitter.
China Glaze Marry a Millionaire

2 coats Marry a Millionaire *
no flash with artificial light

w/flash
I was pretty surprised by Marry a Millionaire.  As pretty as it was in the bottle, I didn't think I'd be that crazy about it.  It's amazing how a polish can look so much better (or worse) on the nail compared to in the bottle!  I'd say this is probably my 3rd favorite color from this collection.  I was able to get pretty full coverage with 2 coats and it applied fairly smoothly considering it's packed with several different sized glitter.


Tomorrow I'll have the last 2 polishes from the Eye Candy collection, and they just so happen to be my 2 favorite ones: Some Like it Haute and Lorelei's Tiara.  I'll also be reviewing my experience with online retailer Victoria's Nail Supply.


* I should add that these swatches are without a top coat.  I'm running low on my beloved Seche Vite so I'm rationing it until I can get to Sally's!


Thanks for stopping by!


K

2 comments:

  1. Just curisous - what make Seche Vite a better top coat then others?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your average top coat is designed to be put on already dry nails, so it's only going to dry that top layer. Seche Vite is designed to be used over freshly painted nails (not wet, but still a bit "tacky") this allows SV to penetrate to the base of the nail. In a couple of minutes your nails will be dry and durable, with a glass-like finish that lasts for days. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete