Thursday, January 26, 2012

Helloooo Flakies!

Hey guys!

So I was at my local Sally's the other day, and I saw the new Finger Paints Special Effects Flakies.  I've never owned a flakie, and to be honest I never really cared for the look.  But lately it seems like flakies are taking over the nail polish world.  So I decided to pick up one bottle and give it a shot.  I chose Finger Paints Asylum which has blue and orangey/red flakes. I started off with 2 layers of OPI Here Today....Aragon Tomorrow, which is a really dark green that looks almost black.  I figured a dark base would really make the flakies pop.  Then I added 2 coats of Asylum and topped it off with Seche Vite.  On my middle finger I added a layer of Essie Matte About You, it really makes the flakies pop.


OPI Here Today....Aragon Tomorrow with Finger Paints Asylum
w/flash

Finger Paints Asylum
With Essie Matte About You on middle finger

I have to say I love the final look.  I'm think I'm officially a flakie fan!  It's probably not an everyday look, but it's nice to dress up a boring mani or even freshen up an older mani.  I can't wait to layer Asylum over different colors.  Flakies seem to take on different colors depending on the base color.

Finger Paints are sold exclusively at Sally's Beauty Supply.  The Finger Paints Special Effects collection consists of 5 flakies; Asylum, Flecked, Flashy, Motley, and Twisted.  They each retail at $5.49.

Thanks for stopping by!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment