Wednesday, February 15, 2012

OPI Designer Series Temptation

Hey guys!

Happy Valentine's Day! I was really excited to do a fun Vday mani, but time got away from me so I just did a simple pink mani. I didn't get a chance to take any pictures, but I used Pink Voltage from China Glaze. It was really just an excuse to wear a neon pink in the middle of Winter!  After I removed my Valentine's mani, I decided to try OPI DS Temptation, the one and only OPI Designer Series polish that I own.  I was so excited for this polish and couldn't wait to put it on.  Unfortunately, I was disappointed in this one.  In the past the DS polishes were holographic, which explained the price difference.  A regular bottle of OPI is about $8.50, the DS polishes are $12.50.  As pretty as this DS Temptation is, I don't think it's worth the price increase.  Anyway....onto the mani!


OPI DS Temptation
no flash with artificial light

w/flash

Temptation is a beautiful purple glitter, with teal and royal blue glitter mixed in.  Application on this was pretty bad.  It was very sheer and watery, then when I applied the second and third coats, it turned thick and goopy.  After 3 coats, I added a coat of Gelous and Seche Vite to smooth out the gritty finish.  In the end I love the color.  It's very rich and vibrant, and they definitely didn't skimp on the glitter.  Is it worth the extra money?  Probably not as far as quality goes.  But if you're a polish collector and lover, and you don't have a similar color, I'd say go for it since they are a limited edition. 


Thanks for stopping by!


K

No comments:

Post a Comment