Tuesday, February 7, 2012

OPI Fly with OPI Super Bass

Hey guys!

Today I have OPI Fly from the Nicki Minaj collection.  I was able to find the whole collection at JCPenney's last month.  I normally don't buy an entire collection, but this one only has 6 polishes, and the colors were all different enough, so I was able to justify it!  I started out with Fly, and added Super Bass shatter on my ring finger.

OPI Fly with OPI Super Bass on accent finger

With OPI Super Bass
Fly is a rich aqua/teal creme polish.  Application was 100% perfect.  I used 2 coats to cover up some bald spots, but you could probably get away with one coat.  I was going to leave this mani alone, but I decided to add Super Bass on one finger.  Super Bass is a purple/magenta shatter with a bit of shimmer.  I'm over the whole shatter look, but this one was too pretty not to pick up.  (Hint: Before I applied Super Bass, I put a coat of Seche Vite over Fly.  When  you use a Shatter, it tends to dull the base color if you don't use a top coat.)  Super Bass applied very well for a shatter.  It does dry matte, but I prefer it with a glossy finish.  So after Super Bass dried and was done "shattering" I applied a coat of Seche Vite.  Once you apply a top coat, you can really see the shimmer in Super Bass.  Plus, it really pops over Fly.  The more I look at it, the more I want to add Super Bass to the rest of this mani.  This will definitely be a top Spring/Summer combo!

I will have the rest of this collection throughout the week.

Thanks for stopping by!

K

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment