Thursday, February 9, 2012

OPI Did It On Em'

Hey guys!

Today I had planned on wearing Did It On Em' from the Nicki Minaj collection for OPI.  Unfortunately, I had a big girl meeting today, and I thought that lime green might be a little flashy.  Instead I went with OPI Time-less Is More, which is a really sheer off-white.  I normally don't do something so plain, but this poor polish has never been used, and it's a perfect meeting, interview and/or office appropriate color.  It's also perfect for a french manicure or as a base for a layering polish. 

OPI Time-less is More
w/flash
For Time-less is more I used 3 very thin coats. I learned the hard way that you cannot rush this polish. I did one coat, let that air dry completely and then did the other 2 coats followed by SV. 

Instead of redoing my nails, I just put Dit It On Em' over Time-less Is More.  Layering the polishes didn't effect the color of Did It On Em', so what you see is what the polish looks like on its own.  I also added Super Bass shatter on my accent nail.

OPI Did It On Em'
w/flash

OPI Did It On Em' with OPI Super Bass shatter
w/flash
Did It On Em' is a bright yellow-toned green creme.  The application on this one was ok.  It was a little thick and streaky, but I was able to pull it off in 2 coats.  Having a neutral color underneath the polish probably helped minimize the need for another layer.  As for whether or not I like this color....I'm not really sure.  I don't have a dupe in my collection, (it does look very similar to OPI Fiercely Fiona) so I'm glad I have it, but I don't know how often I'll wear it.  Maybe when Spring rolls around I'll warm up to it.

Thanks for stopping by!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment