Wednesday, February 29, 2012

OPI Jade Is The New Black VS Don't Mess With OPI

Hey guys!

Today I have a comparison between OPI's Jade Is The New Black and Don't Mess With OPI.  To me these two colors are nearly identical, but equally pretty!


On the left, Don't Mess With OPI.  On the right, Jade Is The New Black
Jade Is The New Black is from the Spring 2010 Hong Kong Collection.  JITNB is a jade green creme with blue undertones.  Don't Mess With OPI is from the Spring/Summer 2011 Texas Collection.  DMWOPI is a forest green creme.  When I first saw the Texas Collection in person, I decided not to buy DMWOPI because it was so similiar to JITNB.  However, I recently spotted DMWOPI hiding at JCP's Salon, and it was on clearance for $4.25!  So I decided to pick it up and do a comparison.  Below is a picture with 2 coats of both colors.

As far as being dupes, there are some slight differences.  JITNB is a little bit darker, while DMWOPI is a little more sheer.  Formula was a little different also.  JITNB applied more smoothly and had better coverage.  DMWOPI was a little more sheer, so it showed the ridges in my nail more.  I also had some bald spots with DMWOPI that would probably require a third coat.  Here is a shot of each color on its own with 2 coats.

OPI Don't Mess With OPI

OPI Jade Is The New Black
If I had to choose between the 2, I think I perfer JISTNB.  Application was smoother, I prefer the darker color and the polish dries more glossy than DMWOPI.  You probably don't need both polishes in your colleciton unless you love greens.  Or unless you find a great deal on one of them!

Thanks for stopping by!

K




Pin It

1 comment:

  1. These two colors are some of my all time favorite nail colors!!
    xx

    http://the-astyle.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete