Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Retro Pink Wednesday......with OPI Pink Friday!

Hey guys!


Today I have the mani that I'll be wearing for Pink Wednesday.  This is OPI Pink Friday from the Nicki Minaj collection.  I also decided to a black outline on my accent nail.  I first saw this technique on Tornado Calli's blog and thought it was really cute and had kind of a retro feel to it.


OPI Pink Friday w/flash


OPI Pink Friday
artificial light without flash
Pink Friday is a bubble gum pink creme.  I used 3 coats to cover up some streaks and bald spots.  Unfortunatly this didn't apply as well as the other cremes from this collection.  For the black outline, I used a nail art polish by Kiss and started by drawing a line down each side, then along the base of the nail as well as the tip of the nail to connect each side making a square.  Then I repeated the steps to thicken the lines and round out the edges.  Overall the outline was pretty easy, but next time I do it, I'll be sure to pick up a nail art pen to have a little more control over the lines. 


Teen Vogue has an awesome tutorial for this technique and includes a "Retro-Glam" mani.  I found this link after I did this mani, but I wish I had seen this first!  Check it out for a more indepth how-to.

Thanks for stopping by!

K

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment